Ajekar Padma Gopal Education Trust is a Public Education Trust established by Dr. Sudhakar Shetty, M. Sc., Ph.D., the renowned educationist and well known personality hailing from a rural village of Karkala Taluk. Dr.Sudhakar Shetty has done his Ph.D from NITK Surathkal and guided many students for their M.Phil & Research. Also, he has published many mathematics research papers in National/International refereed journals and delivered talks at many Universities in India and Abroad.
Dr. Sudhakar Shetty has trained many students for KCET, AIEEE, IIT-JEE and the students who have studied under his guidance have occupied top positions in almost all the national and multinational companies, not only in India but outside the country as well. Thus he has become an ideal mentor for the young student community.
This success of hard work and inner drive to serve the society has inspired Dr.Shetty to start an institution, 'KARKALA JNANA SUDHA P.U.COLLEGE' and thereby give contribution to the society which has brought his personality to this height.
With the permission of Govt. of Karnataka, Karkala JnanaSudha P.U. College has been established in the Academic year 2011-12.
Student's Scholarship - Free Education
- On the occasion of Founder's Day, Scholarship award ceremony for meritorious students, Jnanasambrama, Jnanageethothsava and various such education based occasions, a scholarship of worth Rs. 1.40 crore is distributed among the students.
- A cash prize of worth Rs.27.50 lakh is awarded to the students who have scored 100/100 in any of the 6 subjects of the Board Exam. The staff members of such students are also honored with a scholarship.
- The students who are from Karkala taluk and have scored very high percentage of marks in their 10th standard Board Exam, students who are from economically backward sections from the villages of Karkala taluk and the staff children of the institution are all provided free education.
Social Welfare Programmes
- Honorary teachers are deployed in 3 local government schools from the past 5 years.
- Rs 2.92 lakh is given as donation to the National Defence.
- On the occasion of Founder's day, 'Blood Donation Camp' is organized every year on 21st August.
- Every year on October 2nd a cleanliness drive is organized on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanthi. On this day the staff and students of the institution visit Government hospitals, Orphanages and Schools for the specially challenged children and distribute fruits bowls.
- Rs 1.50 lakh is donated to Karkala Rotary Hospital for free Cataract operation of 50 needy people.
- 150 people were provided with accommodation for quarantine during the Covid -19 Pandemic and added to that the Medical staff members were provided with free bus facility to travel from Karkala to Udupi at the time of the pandemic.
- Rs.10.10 lakh has been donated for various other social welfare programmes.